The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Meeting

Today we had our back to school Library Media meeting downtown. So I went in and worked for an hour and half, and then Mrs. M and I went to the meeting. A lot of it was helping out the library assistants who are now the only ones left to mind the libraries. I asked if we could stay in our building and work on projects, but Mr. C asked us to come and support the others, so we did. I worked on my initial bulletin board in memory of 9-11 and our veterans and it was nice not to have to worry about the old A/B calendar! I didn't have to do any of that so I could just let my imagination go for it :) I was very happy with how it turned out. I checked out books for teachers the rest of the day, helped Mrs. H rearrange our movable shelves (a couple of them were out of order from when they cleaned the carpet) and answered questions for teachers. I ended up working past my time, but felt good I got a lot accomplished and got some teachers settled in since they won't be back in our building until Tuesday when school starts.

No comments: