The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Monday, December 3, 2012

220

New books that we got in! Finished off checking in the boxes from Friday. Processed in five magazines for the library and one for a teacher. Started to strip and cover the paperback books. Redid my outside the door bulletin board - snowman wrapping paper with '220 New books just in time for winter break check outs!'. Took down all the Nanowrimo stuff and packed the posters away. Put a new poster up by the front. Had to check out three kids who were withdrawing all at the end of the day. Had a student come to check out a psychology book. She didn't have a card, so I said no. But she only needs it for one period and she'll bring it right back. I say no. Then she comes with a 'friend' who has a card and wants to check out the book, I say no. There's too many problems with that. She argues that 'how do I know that this other girl doesn't want the book?' - I wanted to say 'do I look stupid? but instead I tell her to just go back to class and tell the teacher she can't check out a book since she didn't bring her ID today. She and the other girl leave (I was in the back eating lunch) so I ask Mrs. M later, did you check out a psych book? Why yes she did, just last period to a girl with a card. *sigh* Oh well.

No comments: