The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Faster Days

Teachers were all in today for meetings, so that meant I was busy checking out materials to them! I had carts going out nearly all day. Had one teacher that needed materials, but half her stash didn't have working barcodes! So I had to add in all those before I could check them out to her. Showed her a poetry form I had never heard of before - Tanka. An ancient Japanese form that a book I read was written in (Garvey's Choice, see my reading sidebar!). Got all my new audio books labeled. Was asked about how the ebooks work now for staff, and if you're logged into a district computer, it will nearly automatically log you in. If you're out of district, you need to log in just like you would to log into the district computer. I need to check that out. I did pick a book (Abhorsen) and need to try that tonight. I'm not a big E-reader - but I do need to get that piece going. Talked to our principal today about our World Book rep and how it might be nice to have him come in and talk about all the research that's available to all the staff. He said to email him to remind him about it! Did a spreadsheet on the OBOB books for 2018, so we can see how many books are in the district. We have several books with more than enough copies for us to use without having to buy them. Got our bookkeeper the instructions for using the Follett site. Sometimes today when I was on there, I would forget to switch between the library parts and the textbook parts. It will take practice! Fun day listening to the teachers all in today during the meeting in the library. Makes me happy. Met up with a couple of the new teachers as well! Good day!

No comments: