The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Monday, August 28, 2017

Hi Ho! Off to Work I Go!

Back at work! I cleaned up the whole hand truck of boxes I had brought down when I stopped by a couple of weeks ago. Redid all the library and computer sign ups since that had changed. I hadn't really worked with Publisher on tables before, so that was kind of a challenge to get the new 7 period day in there and with the changes I wanted to make. Then we lost one computer lab down in the library, but they kept the one upstairs, so I made a sign up for that one. I also talked to our principal to find out if I lost time for this year, and he said yes, I did. I went from 8 hours a day to 7.5. It does add up. So that makes me sad a bit. On the other hand, I can get off earlier. No more working until 4! I'll be done by 3:30 and on Fridays at 3! Look on the bright side. Tried to find some Math 180 boxes. No one had seen them, turned out they were delivered to a teacher's room and she had them. Needed to see about ordering a new teacher box for those! We got two, but have three teachers doing it, and the curriculum lady says we should need two more! Oh my! All that kerfluffle over those. Some are barcoded, some aren't and they are meant to be written in by students, so I have to delete all those. We also got the new push for the Follett library program, so that was interesting to see how that's going to work. Powers that be decided to negate all the fines, all the missing books. So any book that was lost, missing or overdue is now according to the computer, back on the shelf. It'll be interesting to see how that plays out. Interesting that they've lost a ton of income because of that change and I lose half an hour. Makes you wonder.... Put in a request for new date due slips. Checked out some dictionaries and thesauri to a teacher. Got in another request for books, so I collected those. Didn't get a chance to check them out yet, because of the math 180 teacher boxes coming in and figuring that out. Got one teacher box barcoded and stamped, then realized it was time to go!

No comments: