The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Furniture, Frisby and Fun

Another great day in the library! Contacted the Oregon Correctional Furniture shop and have a rep coming out next Friday to look at new furniture for the library! She’ll get to see my vision and bring samples and brochures. I’m excited! Now I just need the money to pay for it! Spread out my graphic novels today. Using the two bookshelves I already had and the shelves from where the everybody books were and it turned out really good. I loved doing that. Quite the job and I know I’ll probably fill that too. Stripped the new books. The laminator had had all its rolls run out, so I put on new rolls today and it actually went pretty easily! I had to ask for some more film since that was my last set. I made a laminated film for a teacher for her to put on her window and laminated a day schedule for a teacher and did some book covers for another one. Then our IC said she just wrote on the window and didn’t need a film! So I’ll suggest that next time. I got materials out to three teachers - one needed 35 of the Outsiders, 10 dictionaries, 10 thesauri. Another needed 35 Outsiders, all our Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of Nimh (I had 22) and 10 dictionaries. Number three needed 36 of the Realidades 1 and 2 each. Sent out an email to language arts teachers that I had eight carts of books I had pulled at the end of June. I had two teachers come down and pull books. So I will withdraw them for them tomorrow. One of our new teachers said that his interesting fact was that he had walked the Camino de Santiago!! I made sure to talk to him during a break and that was fun!

No comments: