The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Sorting Hat and Aprons

That kept me pretty busy all day! Reconnecting with our awesome staff, sharing summer stories, and work of course! I had the laminator on three different times today so teachers could get their stuff laminated for the Open House Thursday night. Checked out math books to a new teacher. Checked in some science books for Mr. F. Transferred books from one teacher no longer doing social studies to the one who is doing it. Took a map Mr. C gave me to the Mr. P, and we found it was a map of all the colleges in the US, so he took it down to the AVID lead to see if they wanted it, and would keep it if they didn't. The teachers were all in this morning for a meeting and I was so excited to see we have an Art Teacher!!! I sent her an email to say I would love her students to display their art in the library! I hope she takes me up on that. I took the old keyboard holder off my desk, and it was easier than I thought! I only had to remove one screw and just pull it off the track. I'm excited that it's gone, it was getting pretty old and grody. I had one of the math people come in and ask for the new math materials, and they weren't in the library workroom like they had been in June! We checked the back rooms, the copy room, and I finally suggested we check the old back textbook room behind the Student Store, and there they were! I was so happy we'd found them! I had moved all the Lit books out from back there and people had taken the opportunity to use the shelves, and on top of the math books was a box of red things to Ms. K, so I brought her over and when we opened it, there was old Otis Spunkmeyer bags and aprons in there. Ms. K thought that our FACS class might need aprons, so I asked Mrs. P if she'd like them and she did! And we found another milk crate full of aprons as well. Mrs. P decided to wash them all and sent me an email that they had turned the washing machine red! She thought they'd never been washed! So good for her! I put in a lot of tattle strips today in between teachers. Had another teacher come in and we went over her students that need their AEM devices, found some, but not all of them. Got two books ready to go to our Job Alike meeting tomorrow for another school. Two days down this week, two to go! Oh, and the Sorting Hat, we were shown Booktubers through LMSS and their Yammer feed, and one of them had a gal doing book reviews and I saw she did book sorting as if she was sorting books into Hogwarts houses! So funny! I listened as I did other things, but it was pretty funny! 

No comments: