The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Thursday, August 29, 2019

No Students

Today was the last day of no students. I had two meetings, the first for the whole staff, and the second just for the classified staff. I did a great pile of laminating and delivered it to the classrooms they were intended for. With the Open House tonight, I wanted to be sure they got it in plenty of time for the Open House. After the classified meeting, I had a couple of people ask if I needed help with tables and we got them all set in ADA configuration. It was good to have so much help. Then I turned to making a display for the front table, A Great New Year Begins With Great New Books! So I displayed a bunch of our brand new books. Then I put out the new fiction out on the shelves and got the gaps filled in with newer books. I think it turned out looking very nice and ready for students! Then for the evening, I set out a puzzle, some Rubik's Cubes, Origami paper, the blocks and just some paper and colored pencils. That should keep the kids busy! I was happy with it when I left for the day. Tuesday is our first day with students! Ready for the 6th graders! Huzzah!

No comments: