The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Tuesday, September 3, 2019

6th Grade in the House

We had all our 6th graders come in today and I must admit, wouldn't it be nice if we just had 6th graders for the rest of the year? I worked on some paperwork, the class rosters were way too much for what I wanted, so I copied the list, revised it to what I needed, and printed it up so I'd have a list of teachers and their classes. It turned out really nice. I worked a lot on the MakerSpace cart, opening up all the boxes, putting some away, putting some into a hold for later when we need parts. I pulled in our moving stair case so I could fix the 'Library' graphic outside, it was coming off. Then brought it in so I could remove some other posters and the 'Everybody' graphic letters that were still over the graphic novels. I had a meeting with our principal and we talked about how the library operates. She liked what I had to say, and some things will remain the same. I was out in the hallways during the passing times and I even had one girl ask when the library would be open. ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™ That made me so happy! Then I had to get the Chrome Carts ready, with just the number of Chromebooks for that class. I worked on that for the rest of the afternoon. A Chrome Cart for each teacher who will use the cart on a daily business. Most had 36 Chromebooks, so I pulled Chromebooks to match their largest class. I had about 15 of them done and ready for teachers when the day was over, and I still managed to get some laminating done. I loved helping our 6th graders, and their faces. Tomorrow, everyone is back!

No comments: