The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Thursday, September 5, 2019

Wednesday the 4th - Aide Orientation

I spent most of today working with my new aides and getting them oriented to the library. One of them is back from last year, so that was nice to have someone already trained! I have 11 aides so far, one of them is during my lunch, so she will have to be moved, which will be sad, she seems really nice. We went over my expectations, toured the library and textbooks. The second part of the day, I was pretty much running to the bathroom every so often. Maybe what I had for breakfast was coming through? I barely managed to get through the last two periods and left a bit early. I told our office manager I could sit on the toilet at work or at home - she was “argh! I don’t need to hear the details!” But I really wanted to be there for my aides’ first day in the library. Not the way to spend the first full day with students!

No comments: