The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Mandatory Training

I had a quiet morning so I decided it was a great day to work on my mandatory training. This is something we do every September. It takes a few hours and I had to leave it a few times, but I finished it all and got the quizzes all perfectly passed. Got three classroom sets of books out to teachers with the help of my aides. Two for science, one for math. Found some math books that a teacher needed and he took them today. And our curriculum PA didn’t need the extra Read 180 books we have. I got another cart out to a teacher, and almost got another one ready. Had a class in to do a book talk, but so sad, no one picked any of the books I talked about. I feel like I let the students down. I got both lunches ready for students, and then got all involved in picking out my books for the book talk and one of the lunch crew had to come down and get the passes! I was on top of it for B lunch! We had to close the girls bathroom by the library because of vandalism. I had noticed a student in there twice in the morning. I even asked her if she was all right. I could see her shoes, that’s how I knew she was the same student. She said she had thrown up, and I asked her to go to the office and get taken care of! So she wouldn’t spread anything and get some help. I was sad that there was vandalism, and that that student may have been involved. I had to go up and identify the student for security. Makes me so sad. I’m hoping that the student gets the help they need, whoever it was. I ended the day with scoring another volleyball game! I love to watch the girls, either side! A great series of hits and saves makes me cheer no matter what school! But still nice we won all five games tonight! Home to spaghetti!

No comments: