The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Monday, September 9, 2019

Carts

A great Monday! I did find out from Mr. Farias that students do have access to the workbooks online and so he just sent down students that really wanted a paper copy and we had plenty workbooks for those that did want one! A great collaboration! I let our principal know about the issue when I came in and she was excited to hear we had got it all taken care of. We also had 8th graders come in to check out books today. So we were pretty busy. I worked on my substitute plans I need to do. I had to put in a heat ticket to get keys for some of the computer carts I need to get chargers out of. I went around the building today, tracking down the carts. Seeing who needed access by key, Allen wrench or using the combo lock. I did get back to one cart (yeah! It used a key that I actually have!) and pulled 7 chargers out of it. I’ll work on the others tomorrow since I won’t have classes in. I’ll even have students in for lunches tomorrow. Scary!! Tried to access the student reset password tab today, but couldn’t find it. I’ll have to find it tomorrow. Some students just can’t remember their password from last year and it looks like they won’t be able to. Finished reading Rebound from Kwame Alexander and finished my preview of the George Takei graphic novel about his internment in the Japanese camps after Japan attacked Pearl Harbor, They Called Us Enemy. Really well done, I was incredibly impressed. 

No comments: