The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Monday, September 23, 2019

Alphabetize

Welcome Monday! We checked out four classes of math books today. Mr. A brought in the classes and they come around the table then up to the main desk, and right back out the door. Two of the classes did the small Shapes and Designs books, and two classes did the massive Core Connections Algebra (worth $98!). I finished up the Excel sheet of which cart is with what teacher and room, and Mrs. M asked I put that on Google Sheets, so I did that. I still want to add some data, but now everyone has access to who has which cart and how many Chromebooks are in that cart. Ms. P had students in testing all day, so we kept it pretty quiet. No lunch students in today, just to be sure the library had a testing environment if students were available. They were in all day, here and there. I had worked with my aide on Friday who was having trouble shelving, and today I stood beside him while they did the Order in the Library game. They could not do it. I was flummoxed that someone didn’t know how to alphabetize! I went to our IC and she said that yes, some of the students coming up, really do not know how to alphabetize. Since my aide likes Pokémon, I made a list of them, A-Z and we’ll see how they do with that list! Off to score volleyball!

No comments: