The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Friday, September 13, 2019

Cart 💖

The Chrome Carts arrived today!!! Six fully stocked Chrome Carts and 4 empty carts!! Super exciting!! First though, I had the library filled all day with classes coming in to check out books! Non-fiction, and after they came I found out that they were really looking for narrative non-fiction. I had put out a ton of display books for non-fiction because I wanted the students to see all the areas the non-fiction covered and the options they had other than narratives! It was very, very busy!! Just before lunches, the truck came with all the Chrome carts! We had four techs come in and help along with my aide to get them all in before lunches came in. I got one ready for Ms. N, but I need to get a label gun for them before I take them over to her. She only needs 23, so I pulled the others and the chargers, put them in one of the empty carts for another teacher. So I had LOTS going on. I’m doing this Sunday afternoon! Took me that long to recover! Had the Peer Helpers in for their first meeting, and 7th period was set aside for students to finish testing, but it was pretty quiet. With four classes in checking out and being sure they were getting the books they needed for their assignment, we even dipped into the fiction a bit so students at the end still had a good selection, but that means we have a LOT of books to put away this week. But, I will get my aides set tomorrow for their areas and get them started to work on shelving! And - since I got empty carts my AEM cart is now back in place and my smuggling day worked out. Can I say “Thank you Lord for saving me???” Now when Ms. W comes in on Monday I’ll have a cart just for her, like she had before I smuggled it ;) 

No comments: