The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Carts all Done!

I finished up labeling the last cart today! Cart #29! I’m glad that’s all done! I looked for an outlet in the back back room, and noticed the phone back there was not working. So I pulled out an old desk, some old pull down maps and pulled out the clip and put it back in and the phone powered up! Yeah! I had my aides get some science books ready and take them to a class. No testing today, but wait! Ms. P came back 7th period, so we had eight students testing. I had one aide that went into another class, one left sick earlier in the day, so I missed them both. I gave my one aide the Pokémon test and they did fantastic! I told them that maybe they needed to think of book titles as Pokémon! I might do a more complicated one for tomorrow! After work I totally forgot to laminate, so I had to put a post it note on my computer to do that first thing tomorrow morning! Instead I went to classrooms and looked at the computers to get which ones they were and to see if any needed the charger port bracket. I did the Title One cart today and put the brackets on all of those. So I’ll check some more tomorrow. I was asked to do an inventory of some items, so I went through and did that. Most were already gone. I asked for permission to see if we could get someone from the American Go Foundation to do some trainings with students “Go for it!” Mrs. M said! Ha! I also asked for a vacation day for October 11th, there are no students and no options for me and I know other LMA’s take the days off, so for the first time ever I asked and got permission to take it. That was nice and I really appreciate it.

No comments: