The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Friday, September 20, 2019

Three Weeks

Did not even realize we are halfway through the first grading period! I got out the last two Chrome Carts to teachers and worked on getting the Chromebooks without a home into the last empty cart. I was glad to get them all out of my office and the library workroom! I also pulled eight chargers for some of the old Chromebooks out of Room 200 and will hook those up on Monday. I felt really bad because our choir teacher wanted a cart for her room today, and our IC was doing testing, and I kept swapping her out Chromebooks for her testing. It made me very frustrated and she was so kind and gracious as I would steal away some Chromebooks and give her others. The only good thing was that I didn't have to have any lunches in because she was testing, so I got a bit of a break in the day. I had one student come to be with password problems that was one of our challenged students and I spent some time with him getting him his correct ID number, resetting his password, then helping him with a new password. I was very gentle and kind with him, and loved that I got him all set, wrote down everything for him and told him to keep it handy in his planner. That was the best part of my day. I love it when I get to really help a student! I was really confused by the offerings for Microsoft Educator status. We are supposed to try and do these trainings but there are so many facets and most of them involve teaching and I'm not a teacher, so I need some clarification on what we are supposed to do. It was all mind boggling, so I think I must have missed something somewhere. I messed about with the Digital Citizenship stuff and still, feeling very confused and wondering how I am going to get out of that what I should, and if it is for teachers who have classes. So I went to Konditeroi's and got some Tuxedo cake for the evening. I have no confusion about that at all!

No comments: