The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Monday, September 16, 2019

Training Aides

It’s a Monday, and today I gave my aides their shelving assignments. They got to pick what they wanted and I find that works the best. First period was a bit crazy because I needed to finish the Chrome cart for Ms. N. I picked up the label maker so I could number all the Chromebooks and the slots where they go and so I could also give an extra Chromebook to Ms. M to get her cart up to the number of her largest classroom. So I was happy to get that all done before first period actually started. Thank goodness for AVID strong day so I had an extra 15 minutes to get that cart ready! Had to the AVID slides for my 4 boys in here, then to get my aide to pick his area. I had them get books off the shelving cart for their area. Showed them how I want the shelves and displays done. I had lovely plants in the window corner over the weekend and they were finally taken back to the choir room. It was cute to see these four girls each carrying a plant out. I got another cart ready this afternoon for Mr. E. Just 13 Chromebooks, but in their own cart so I had to rig up the chargers and of course, label them all.  Got some books together for the plot workshop Ms. K is doing tomorrow. Packed up some Joey Pigza Swallowed the Key books for Kennedy Elementary. I pulled in all the new Chromecarts into the back rooms this afternoon since I have classes coming in tomorrow. After work I scored the first volleyball games of the season! I love watching our girls play! And they won four out of five today and I saw some amazing plays on both sides. I’m tired! Time to relax before bed!

No comments: