The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Thursday, September 5, 2019

Better

Still feeling a bit iffy today, but at least I wasn’t in the bathroom! Had my aides work on their “Order in the Library”. I found a link that worked and had my aides work on that today. I got the rest of the Chromecarts out. And thought we had keys to the backs to get out the chargers, but no! We don’t. Just to open the fronts. Dang. I’ll put in a ticket tomorrow. Then at the end of the day I realized one of our Language Arts teachers didn’t get a cart. Oh no! And here I thought I had everyone covered. Rats. Now I will have to do some back tracking. Dang. Leftover mess ups from yesterday afternoon’s gastro troubles I’ll put it down to. I attended a quick training on the new Classroom Relay program. We got to use the new plasma screen TV! I was excited to see it in use! They got it all set up on Friday and it worked great. Right now, even though I have aides, I’m not a teacher so I can’t get into Synergy to do attendance. I have to email our attendance person every period so she can do it. Seems like too many steps to me, but I realize the security of having only licensed teachers be in there and not just any employee. I think I’m done with the MakerSpace cart, except for the papers. I’ll hopefully get them done tomorrow. Excited to have my first classes in tomorrow! Class orientation and checking out books!! So excited! We even have two classes coming in at a time, so it should be really busy and it’ll give my aides good training. I’ll show them a book, then let them at it while I watch to make sure everything is going well. Oh, and my 5th period aide who was scheduled during my lunch? She’s going to be the new Attendance Office aide! I was so happy for her! 

No comments: