The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Monday, March 9, 2020

Hit on All Sides

It has been a rough couple of weeks. I wasn’t even sure if I’d ever write in here again. My nephew had the connective tissue on his back go out, heard the crack; my cousin passed, from a brain tumor; good friends are going back to testify against the man that murdered their daughter for the umpteenth time and my daughter just slapped my son with a custody suit and restraining order. When it rains it pours and my heart is so sad right now. Got all the surplus books out and went to the LMA meeting on Friday morning. Today was very busy. Helped a teacher with getting in her old reading group books in and getting her the new ones. Had lots of groups from classes in today checking out books. Got my Thermo-clean bottle refilled so I can clean off the door handles every day. Got in two of the Tolkien art books in for our art teacher. She has a student who might be inspired by them. Worked on removing the AR tags on books since we don’t use that anymore. Got out the Scholastic mini folders out to the teachers today and started working on the posters for the hallways. Picked out the books for my book talks today for tomorrow. Had to work on some Argumentative Essay books for five classes and peeps/bio/historical events for another class. Had to go to the bank on my way home to pick up change for the Scholastic Book Fair! It could show up tomorrow!

No comments: