The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Friday, March 13, 2020

Schools Closed

We got the notice today that we are off school until March 30th. The virus is hitting everywhere. I think it’s a good call by the district. We all need to work together and not give the virus extra reasons to spread. I even got a call from Scholastic Book Fair that they are going to leave my carts here until April 10th. That was so good of them.  I worked on my stickers today. Took in books from other schools. Sent some books out. Checked out books. Sold Scholastic books. I had one teacher come in and do her BOGO. I told all the Language Arts teachers that they could buy up to $50 in books and I’d match up to that $50 in Scholastic Dollars. It was good to see her use that! Made me happy! I had to shut everything down when I left today. Closed windows, unplugged everything. I brought home a Salem Public Library book that was brought to the library. I have a couple of my own to return, so I’ll do that this weekend. I’m glad the district closed down. Be smart. Stay safe. I might be back the 30th. We’ll see.

No comments: