The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Weeding

Today I mostly spent working on weeding out the old fiction books and made it all the way through the P's! Mrs. M was gone today and her sub did a great job, she even repaired and did some weeding herself. Checked out two class sets of The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn and various other books. Mrs. H had to leave at 12:30 for a meeting so I got to be in charge of library for the afternoon. I had one set of kids make sure they got all the surplus boxes marked 'Surplus Books' and after I withdrew a cart of books, I had another set cross out all the Sprague marks and stamp them 'withdrawn'. Sometimes I'm surprised at which books have been fairly recently checked out, but there are some that when I check their last check out list and see no entries, I'm not surprised at all! I've been looking for older books, with the old barcodes on them. My saddest find was Bless the Beasts and the Children, one of my favorites when I was in high school - it had never been checked out here :( I sadly put it on the cart to be sent to surplus.

No comments: