Today we had our opening meeting and did a lot of talk on literacy and what that means to the school and our community. I stayed for about half the meeting time, and as they got into the more teacher specifics, I went into the back and began to work! Had to take some time to peel and put rubbing alcohol on stickers from some of the used books we got in. Sorted through all the magazines and got teacher copies put in their boxes with some other bundles of magazine stuff that we give to them (like updates on materials for their specific department). Got a couple of teachers to clean out some books and Mrs. H was working with the English department when I left on some of their old stuff to see if we could delete it. Another teacher asked if we could get perhaps some extras of some old books, so I checked and sent off an e-mail to see if we could get a better price on those. Sorted through the library magazines and will work on processing them tomorrow. Decided to walk over to Ms. W and ask if we'd ordered the new Spanish and German books and she thought we had. When we checked, she had made an error thinking the French books were the Spanish ones - opps! So, she pulled the quotes. I let the World Language IL (Instructional Leader) know and they signed off on them today so we will be ready when they get here.