The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Once Upon a Time

Today the library was closed all day for an AVID forum. So, we worked in the back. Mrs. M worked on books that were weeded and after further review we decided to keep them, so she was laminating their covers and otherwise making them look like new again. I took our old Scantron machines and got them into boxes to get ready to ship them back and was pleased to figure out how to take off the shelves of those. One was a simple move to the side and pull out, but the other I just couldn't find the key to get it going until I picked it up and looked underneath, ah ha! A screw nob just needed to be unscrewed! I finished all those To Kill a Mockingbird books finally and dusting off all the Novel Set shelves and the Business shelves and started the English shelves. While I was there, I remembered that I had always wanted to relaminate the covers of our dictionaries that I hadn't done the last time, so I rounded up the ones with the old film covers that had holes in them and generally look pretty poor. So I finished up the day getting those back on the books. We did have the library open after school for a bit and I closed it down when I left, thank goodness we'll be back inside our lovely library tomorrow! My new display was ready :)

No comments: