The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Monday, January 14, 2013

Mockingbirds

Worked on more of the To Kill a Mockingbirds today and should finish that up tomorrow, then I'll be about done with fixing up the novel section! Checked out three classes of the Algebra Supplements, processed in two magazines for us. Worked with a lot of kids today since Mrs. H was gone. Had some computer issues, and I'm sure that the mockingbird was having a lovely time of it as I messed up helping one student get something saved onto his folder (yeah, he needed to copy the picture onto a document, then save that - duh.) Another kid withdrew and I was trying to figure out how to bill him, and rather than just declare his books 'lost' which would have instantly billed him, I billed him for the books and now I'm not sure how we will fix that! So I emailed our textbook guru to see what he can do! Then a girl was looking for Oedipus Rex, and like her, I went to the 822's instead of what I had written down which was the 882's! 'duh!!' What a ding-a-ling! Had to send out a notice for the next day that our library will be completely shut down for tomorrow. We had classes scheduled in the labs, but our AVID coordinator said 'oh no!' they were supposed to be empty - so after I called Mrs. H at home and talked with our principal, I sent a notice to the four teachers that were scheduled in and another to the whole staff. We also got in some extra The Adoration of Jenna Fox so I let Ms. A know that we were ready for her kids to check them out when she was ready.

No comments: