The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Friday, March 1, 2013

Shift

Today was a hard day for the school. Students remembered an amazing girl who killed herself a year ago. A group got together and taped a daisy to every locker in the whole school. It was beautiful. As I went in to talk to the security guards and police about my theft, a student was taken into the Oly Forum to be told their father had killed himself. My theft went way down the ladder of importance and impact after seeing that. My things can all be replaced, but a daughter, a father, irreplaceable. Finished up the Writer's Inc. today, all statused, tagged, renumbered and put back on the shelf for my big shelving shift. Did the World of Fashion Merchandising as well, but that was only a few copies. Processed in six magazines and one for a teacher. Cleaned up the library for the weekend and locked the money away since there will be an event this weekend.

No comments: