The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Thursday, September 3, 2020

Back into the Habit!

 Wednesday the 3rd - I totally forgot to write yesterday. I was home working online. I had to get together several pieces of information. The Master Schedule and then the Cohort schedule so I could see which classes would need books for the Taking Care of Business Day. We had a meeting this morning and worked on what needed to be done to get students their items from lockers, get back books, and hand out books. There is an entire schedule and map of how things will flow, from cars to volunteer sign ups. I was impressed. I got all the information together and sent out emails late afternoon because I wanted a response by Thursday.

Today I went in started the day cleaning out the classrooms of books. I got a cart and a half out of the rooms. We were so surprised and fled in March, that a lot of things were just left. There was an entire large cart full of books, both top and bottom from cleaning out lockers. As I walked along one side though, I found the bags still had books in them. We had a staff meeting to pull together all the information we worked with all summer. Then I went to a quick meeting for IA’s. As soon as it was nearly over, I headed up with a cart to go through all the bags and retrieve books. I ended up with about $1,500 worth of books. Glad I went through them. Then I took everything down to the library and set all the books from the large cart on regular book carts, got book carts set for when they do the downstairs lockers. I got responses from the teachers that might need textbooks, which ones to get the students through the first semester. So I let them know. I also got a response from TCI on the online history access. I really think we need to do this. I told our principal I thought it just made sense to do this since our textbooks are so old. I helped getting some math books to a teacher. I also checked in all the new books so they show up as ‘available’ rather than ‘in process’. I then added the JLG books that had come in to the New Books Collection in Destiny Discover. I also found out that I had missed a new book! I had to stamp a couple of sets of the JLG books with the Leslie stamp. A very busy day.

No comments: