The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Friday, September 18, 2020

So not Ready!

 All right, it's Friday and I haven't written since Monday! I'm going to blame the fire. We had our two Taking Care of Business days Tuesday and Wednesday. Tuesday I came in early to get ready for the day. We started it at 11am. Had to have masks, gloves. We were supposed to have just 9th and 8th graders. 9th to just pick up locker stuff, 8th to pick up locker stuff and if they had Dr. Rockow, they were to get two science books. I talked to our principal, and she said that if a family came in with others, we would go ahead and take care of them. Good call! I hadn't even thought of that, so I got together the few other books we would need and we needed everything! Glad she gave me the heads up to get that ready. It was a long day, but so very good to see all the kids again. Tuesday was a bit slow and I was glad to get some really great help. We were originally supposed to be outside, but with the air quality, it was  decided to do it inside. Wednesday I went in about an hour early, so it was easier since we had run with it all the night before. Loved the help, loved seeing more kids. Thursday I actually wrote down stuff, but it's sitting on my desk at work! Today I attended the classified meeting, spaced out more books to quarantine. Cleaned up the carts from the TCoB days. Worked on our sites response to checking out print books. I worked on a slide show doing the steps for students to follow. I also got together some math books to send to another school. I had to get them, find out which ones were 'new' and find the correct volume. I found 51 copies, but the teacher quickly wrote me back to say she only needed 15! That was so much easier. It was a great busy week. Glad I was at work and today we could finally breathe. The rains came in last night and almost cleared all the air.

No comments: