The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Wednesday, October 14, 2020

It's been Awhile

 Getting moved into our temporary housing, getting internet, working from school then having to come home and work on replacing so many things - pots and pans, silverware, glasses. Books! I have had the time to do this. But I need to! Yesterday (Tuesday) I finished reading Scary Stories for Young Foxes. I added in the new books that just came in Monday to the Collections in Destiny Discover and tried to put in the new books I have read on my Mrs. Willer's Reads list. I'm also going through the LIT books to pull them from the back, back textbook room and withdraw ones that haven't been used in awhile, a lot of them so I have room to put the non-fiction back there for the bond work next summer. I want them all moved out into the back on shelves/carts, but so that I can still find them when a student asks for them. It takes time for the LIT books since I go through them to see if any have been checked out recently. If I have a few, I'll check each one, compare to what's on the shelf. If I have a ton, I'll spot check history through a few to see. So far, there are not many that I will be keeping. Monday I worked on moving all the fiction over so that there's no more fiction on my pony shelves. Handed out books during our 'drive-by' library time. I told the office that since I'm there on Mondays and Thursdays, students could come during office hours and still pick up books. They can just hit the call button and say they are here to pick up books and give their name and the office can call down to me and I'll bring them up. 

No comments: