The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Monday the 19th Events!

 I get so tired and have so many things going on because of the fire, I just veg at the end of the day. Yesterday was very busy! We had conference day and were supposed to work 10 - 6, but I actually went in at 9 and worked until 5. I sent out emails to our students that haven't picked up books yet and let them know that they could come anytime on Mondays or Thursdays, not just during 'drive by' hours. I got one response back! I got in a ton of books from the ladies that were sorting out the rest of the locker things that no one came by to pick up so I got all those checked in and laid out on the table for quarantine. I checked to see if we had any other hold requests, nada! I also pulled more of the old magazine LIT sets off the shelves in the back workroom. No one has touched them in the five years I've been here, so out they are going. I deleted them, but I kept the magazines since I occasionally get a call for magazines for collages. I did my outside 'drive by' and got two books to come in. We had notices go out last week for overdue books and that they will turn to lost and get fined, and I had a stack in the office from our community coming in to drop off books. I finished reading Look Both Ways while I waited and started The Kingdom of Back - Ooooo, loving it! A tale of Mozart's very gifted sister and how she enters a world of the fae through her music. Shivery good! I also took all the rest of the 8th grade science books that were checked out to students, but never picked up and checked those in. There were quite a few. Put away the cart of books I had pulled for our 8th grade book talks to remind them of what we all have in the library. Two shelves of a cart worth! Loved being at school today! Busy and got a lot done! 

No comments: