The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Saturday, October 24, 2020

Cold, so Cold

 Thursday the 22nd - Off to the school today! I took back the books I used for the book talks and put them away. Got the books ready for students to pick up today. Sent in a note to one of our counselors about what I'm working on this year in the library since they had asked my schedule and how I could help out teachers. I think I kind of blew him away with all 'on my plate' as he put it. I attended Advisory and then got ready for my drive by library. I was cold all morning in the library, it was like the air conditioner was on and I went around with my coat on all morning. Then I went outside and even though I was walking a lot, had my mask and did put my gloves on because my hands were so cold. It was sunny, but the wind just put enough edge on the walking and being outside that I was cold. I went in and worked a lot after I got in, that kept me warm. I worked on my LIT books. I started to withdraw them, boxed up ones that had no chance for a new home, but put others on a cart and started a spreadsheet for others to see if they wanted to give them a new home. I really got things going and felt good about all I got done in there. Got a lot cleaned up, keeping a few here and a few there. Felt really good about it. Then I went to my car and the low tire light was on, so headed for Les S. While they looked, I went over to WalMart and picked up my prescriptions, then back to Les S. My tire had a slow leak and the tires were so worn they couldn't fix it. They did put air in it and gave me a tire quote. So I went to my friend's house to work on a cement leaf project (that turned out really cool!) but we were outside for a couple of hours and I got chilled all over again. Came home, ate hot soup, hot bread, took a hot shower, curled up on the couch in warm things and went to bed early.

No comments: