The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Saturday, October 24, 2020

Dreamwalking

 Wednesday the 21st - I did two more book talks for the 6th grade break out groups. I love to do these! I then emailed the attendees so they knew they could pick up all day Mondays and Thursdays with all the books I talked about. I actually had two students request books! Had another request for my most prolific reader and will pull those Thursday morning for her to pick up. Answered a parent query. Listened to three more SLJ LibraryCon Live talks and oh my goodness! Bryan Collier was sooooo good! I could have listened to him all day, not just his half hour lunch talk. He talked about dreamwalking, how did he know about that? His favorite book ever, Snowy Day. The boy in it is dreamwalking he said. Making his journey walk,  his dreamwalk, how he walked, what he decided to do. Then he talked about how Harold and the Purple Crayon was the same, Harold decides how his journey with the crayon will be, he's dreamwalking. Then he talked about his new book, All Because You Matter. I loved he made pointed oval pictures, some eyes, some noses, all the different people he did, then he put those in the book! He loves doing collages because of his grandmother and her quilting. And how all those pieces of people, are all the people that we carry in our knapsacks, carry in our hands, are a part of who we are. He made absolutely amazing illustrations!! My favorite? Best talk of the ones I've watched so far! He really inspired me! Love this!



No comments: