The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Webinar and Book Talks

 Today I got to do some more books talks for our 6th graders. I brought home books yesterday from work so I could stay at home. I had four piles, one for each talk today and tomorrow. I held up two of the piles and asked the students in my breakout room what they wanted. One was definitely the scary kind of things, the other was half and half, so I mixed the two piles. It was fun! One student checked out two books and I might have a taker on another! Two more book talks tomorrow. I also emailed our science teacher and let him know which students did not pick up their science books. Some may have gone to EDGE program, others might have gotten moved to a different science class, but I thought he should know. I also did not get to attend the SLJ Live Conference, so I listened to three of those sessions today. Put some of the books on my order list. Book club tonight! Excited about that!

No comments: