The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Wowza! We're Back!

 Two days of Student Engagement and Educational Equity training were last week on August 25th and 26th. Well done!

On August 27th I went into the building and found boxes of new books! Great joy!! I cleaned up a bit, moved things around. Had taken in small moving boxes for withdrawn books from our move this summer, just kind of checked to see what was going on. Spent about 2.4 hours there. 

August 31st! Back in the building! Huzzah! I opened all my new boxes since they had been sitting since last Thursday. Worked on my answers about how we are going to do library work. Getting back old books from last year, books from lockers, how checkouts this year might happen. I compiled all my answers and then sent that to my principal and assistant principal. Did a check to see which staff are going to need textbooks and if we can find on line textbooks. I worked on a new Collection for Destiny Discover on our new books. I got them all checked in and on a cart. I picked up another five small boxes of books and will work on those next week after they have sat for three days - which would be this Friday, but we're all off this Friday. Then some HVAC technicians came in and I left the building. 

Today I spent on emails and getting my calendar back together. I'm not sure why my calendar has nothing on it from anyone! There was a training today and I never saw it - probably because it was for licensed staff, but still! I did work on the 'Growing with Canvas' tutorial they have. But when I looked at Monday Notes, I saw the training slides from today and a lot of the work for the Canvas calendar will be populated by our district, so that will simplify a lot of the process. Got a call from my principal to join the Reunification process meeting tomorrow for getting items to the students that are in the lockers and hopefully at the same time checking out textbooks to use. We'll see if we can get that together! I also attended the meeting with our school supervisor this morning with lots of information. I forgot all about Mandatory Training! We do it every year and this year that's one thing that hasn't changed, except we now have a COVID module we need to do. Worked on helping another school get access to Spanish materials - I hooked them up with our Spanish teacher that had all that in a nice folder, all online. And getting materials for Social Studies. Hopefully online, and the district and our school will help make that happen! I'll go into the building on Thursday, but stay home again tomorrow! We also learned that we'll no longer have snow days - if it snows, we'll do distance learning and not loose those days! Well, darn, and nice that we won't have to worry about how much longer we'll have to stay in school in June! 

No comments: