The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Grinding Gears

That's what it sounded today back by my desk. I kept wanting to go and look outside to see how many trucks were going by. Like I was working under the overpass below I-5 or something! I guess the new vent ducts sometimes sound like that - Mrs. H and Mrs. M both said they've heard it up in the vents above the main check out desk. Processed in four magazines for the library and two for teachers. Helped Mr. M with a couple of books for his class. At the end of the day I checked out 25 each of Where Have All The Flowers Gone and The Journal of Patrick Seamus Flaherty for him to pick up tomorrow. I cleaned off the books I had on the back worktable for a student trying to save his flooded books. Checked to see if they were billed, or paid or just needed some repair and started straightening up that area. The student's books were all bad, I'm sorry to say. I told the bookkeeper to go ahead and bill him, and then I wrote him a note to be delivered in his class tomorrow letting him know and that he can come and see me if he'd like. I was so sad they couldn't be saved. I had them in the freezer for 3 weeks and then two more on the back table, but it wasn't enough. :(

No comments: