The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Monday, February 12, 2018

Aloha!

I really did enjoy my time in Kauai with my hubby as we celebrated his 65th! I never worried about work because I knew Ms. M would do a great job and she did! Took me awhile to troll through all my emails that were left even though I left an 'out of office' message. Deleted a lot, but also answered and responded to the ones that needed it. Had to do a CELL survey and commented on the lack of meetings and the fact that we have a great new library program that we know the easy stuff on since we've done textbooks with it for awhile, but the library side is new and we have had little to no training to use this great resource to its full potential. Worked through the stack of 'Bud, Not Buddy' books to get them all ready for Ms. B. I checked to make sure they were all checked out to her and got them on a cart. Sent back four that we don't need. Took all our new and old interactive books and made a little set of bookends for them all and made labels for them that say 'shelve with interactive' and put that right by the spine label. We have about 30 of them now. I wonder if I should do that with a few other of our sets? Checked in the 5 boxes of books that came in while I was gone and Ms. M had put on a cart and started to put in their tattle tape and get them ready. I have a group of books that I'm puzzled over. I don't have a list for them and I think that they were from the Thanksgiving holiday book give-away I plucked from. That's all I can think of anyways! Looked for a math book, talked to a new student today and helped her find a book. One of our students was sooo glad I was back. That really made my day. I am tired and still have to unpack! If I think of something else, I might post it! Goodnight!

No comments: