The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Thursday, February 15, 2018

T'was a Quiet Day

I'm thinking of Paul Simon's 

"Was a sunny day 
Not a cloud was in the sky 
Not a negative word was heard 
From the people passing by"

So it was very quiet today in the library. One of my aides was gone to the orchestra field trip. Two others were just gone. We did not have anything much to do, so I worked on some more ordering. We also got a notice that we were all to get more diversity books from LMSS and they had compiled a list of those. So when the list came out, I went through it and took out the books I already had. And I also made the comment that I really do not like the little 32ish page books. I think they are a waste for the money spent. So later this afternoon we got an email from Mr. G and he explained the shorter books were for the low level readers we have. So, possibly. We are showing the movie "Hidden Figures" next Wednesday, so I stood in the hallways during passing calling out "Read the Book! See the Movie" and Mr. C across the hall would point and say "Next Wednesday!!" It was funny! Spent some time covering the rest of the books that came in while I was gone. Did some laminating and horridly messed up a set. I had started to run them in, then realized I had two together, tried to reverse, got the one out, then realized after I was done that the reverse had really screwed up the set, so I had to recreate them and redo them. Thought I'd left the laminator on, but no, it was cold, so had to pull them again and reheat the laminator. (Where's that shake your head smiley when you need it....). But, I think they turned out fine at the end! 

No comments: