The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Vaulting

That's what a student did today over my main check out counter during one of the lunches today. I couldn't believe it. He's an off the grid student, and I had gone into the back room to get a book for another student and I guess he thought I'd be gone long enough for him to do it. Well, I guess not. I heard he also tried to get another student to do it. I sent him out of the library, told him he was not welcome back tomorrow. Then I spoke with one of his teachers and he will have to write me an apology. A good one. That I can read. At least five good sentences long. So, we will see. Got in books other schools had borrowed. Sent some others back. Got all my non-fiction books put away. I had two shelves worth since a teacher had brought back all the books she had checked out for a student project! Looked at the Scholastic spring video for the middle school books and I was kind of disappointed. In my preview pack is only two of the books in the video. All the other books are other titles. The books I got were good, but usually it seems that we get in more than just two titles to show off. That was disappointing. Did some laminating today. Took my Battle of the Books attendance sheets and typed out the names - sooo much easier to read!! Not sure if we'll have it tomorrow or not. We were scheduled for forecasting with South High School counselors, but now I guess they may just go to the classrooms and do it in there. So I have no idea if they'll be in or not. Answered back a request from an agency if we might consider helping a transitional student to work in the library for a possible job opportunity out in the real world. We'll see where that goes. I'm all for it, except I don't want to also be working with my aides while the outside student is here. It won't be until next year, so we'll see. 

No comments: