The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Snow??

Today we were asking all day, will it snow? Enough to make a difference? We saw little tiny flakes on and off all day. They even cancelled all after school activities and evening programs. But nothing still even tonight. I did three book talks today and talked about our latest books on my cart and then read them a bit from How Dare the Sun Rise  which is just an amazing book. Lots a check outs today and check ins! So a great day in the library! Our teacher that came in with classes, Ms. K, wanted a list of books for her students that embraced cultural racism or just general diversity. I had sent off a quick email to our LMSS PA and he called, so I called Ms. K over and we both talked with him about what she was looking for. He came back with a great first list and then I sent him some other criteria for her and hopefully he'll enjoy finding lists for her students. I was so happy to be with both of them to get what we needed. Did a bit of laminating at the end of the day. Sad that there is no wrestling today, but hopefully they'll reschedule. Worked on an award book list that one of the LMA's put together. Some I already have on another list, a few I'm not sure about. We'll see. 

No comments: