The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Monday, March 4, 2019

Seeds & Discards

I had our Industrial Tech teacher ask if he could bring me the discard book cart I had put up there earlier this year. Every Friday he insists his students read and sending them to the library was quite the task for some of them to undertake, so we decided that discarded books were good. They'd have books to read and if they disappeared, we didn't care. So I spent time this morning making a new cart of books and going through the books that were on the cart. A few were current library books and I checked them in, some belonged to teachers (their name and room number were on them). It took awhile but we got them a whole new cart. I had found some System 44 resources and let the teacher know I had them and she was very excited about that! So we took them up to her today. Did a lot of student password resets. Since Friday is grading day a lot needed to know what their current grades are and couldn't access them, so I got them reset and made sure they could get into that program. Lots of copy machine help today and loading paper. Helped set up the library with Mrs. M for her Socratic lesson plan today. The students were really amazing for that! A good end to the day! My son had brought me some seeds from his gardening classes and I took all the rest of the packets up to the staff room this morning and let people know they were there and free for the taking. They were all gone when I went back up this afternoon! Yeah! Inch by inch and row by row....

No comments: