The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Thursday, March 14, 2019

Thought About It

Totally remember thinking about posting last night, but didn’t. Oh my! Got in early to put up signs for the Book Fair and then got all the money ready. Had students in to buy a lot of the day, made about $111! Not too bad for an early first day! I also finished weeding the 300’s. I cleared four shelves of books and I hated pulling the fables section. 398.2’s. Some of them are so good, but hadn’t been checked out at all in 20 years and some others only once or twice. Got them all withdrawn and put in the back. I think I have to do the Everybody books too. Not happy about that one either. Filled out a survey on PBIS and how I felt it was going. Most of our kids are great/good kids. There are some who are disruptive and I think about how I would feel as a student with a disruptive classroom. I wouldn’t do very well. I think a lot of our disruptive students are acting out for things that we can’t help them with at school. They need a deeper and more meaningful way to be counseled than what we can give them and help them find that purpose in their lives. It’s hard. 

No comments: