The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Book Talks

I did five classes of book talks today, about 14 different books and only one got checked out. Man, I just feel like a failure when that happens. But they got introduced to new books to them, so I was happy about that. I did a bio/autobiography book, then a couple of fiction books. I then spent the time helping students, talking to their teacher. I also put books and ordered in some books for Ms. M. We went over her list and and decided on some. So, we’ll see. I went through the boxes that Mrs. M brought from home and picked out cards, some games, some beads and few other things for our students during lunch and MakerSpace time. Got a call from JLG on our new commitment and our rep for Leslie. Talked to our new English teacher and showed him our library and the back rooms. We had a room clear for a student that got sick, and luckily the library was empty so the rest of the class came in while they got it cleaned up. My 5th period class got done very quickly and I was able to let the B lunch kids come in. After school they began a new after school program in the library, so I had tons of students in the library with teachers and IA support for them to get lessons done. All in all, a great day in library! I love it when it’s busy and students and staff use this incredible space!

No comments: