The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Friday, January 17, 2020

Three Day Week

Well, because I was out Wednesday and Thursday doing medical things.

I got a few ‘glad you’re back’ from staff and even a couple of students. Took Ms. M the last two When books for her reading groups and found that someone had taken her the rest of the Masterminds books that had come in. So I had to go back into our program and actually receive them and then check them out to her. Mr. A had some students bring down four broken calculators, and only one had a barcode. So I banded the ones without barcodes and will hopefully find them when I check in all the rest later at the end of this school year. I took up four requests for refunds for students that are now at South HS. I tried to check out The Soul of an Octopus to a requesting staff member and it wouldn’t, so I sent a message over and the book was still ‘lost’, so they had to declare it found, and then it let me check it out! She was so happy! I did some reading and put away my books. Did some laminating since I wasn’t in on Thursday. It was a lovely day and I was glad to be back! Only three days next week too! Monday is a holiday and Friday is teacher grading day only! I’m loving short weeks!

No comments: