The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Too Excited

Yes, last night I was too excited to post because I was working on a quilt block for a quilt guild in Australia who are making quilts for families that have lost everything in the fires. I finished it tonight. But back to Tuesday, January 21st! I had a request from a teacher who had her students make frames and pictures and research on Native Americans. The most popular topics were the code talkers and the Native American mascots in the country. On the frames are pull out cards that tell the research the student did. Nice! An aide came in and started to take down the books I showed him on the main shelf under the windows and put up the frames. He put all the books on the left of the windows and all the frames to the right! It was cute! I of course, moved the frames so they were across the entire shelf under the windows and put up books that had Native American themes. We had more than enough fiction books to do that I was proud to see. I had been lazy and sluffed off putting up the books in the 900’s from laying them down for Christmas, so I did that, putting away the old ones and displaying new ones. Had both lunches in, so put out the MakerSpace cart and the Raspberry Pi carts too. New puzzle out as well. It was a good day, two days to go! Another three day week!

No comments: