The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Monday, January 13, 2020

MakerSpace is Back

Today was our last lockdown drill for the school year. We had the orchestra class in for AVID and then the drill, so I had a whole class in our safe zone today. It went well and they were really good. I did ask today why we had two drills for this in the same semester? Wouldn’t it make more sense to have one during each semester? Once during the first semester classes, then one during second semester and have it just after second semester starts? Say within the first two weeks of February? I sent that to our principal and she said she’d bring it up at the next meeting, that it made sense. I got out all the MakerSpace equipment today and get that going again, as well as a new puzzle (I found one of the two missing pieces from Exploding Kittens under a computer cart today!) Got out all four of the Raspberry Pi carts. Sent out the library google sheet for sign ups. Had a student email me to ask about the 3rd book in a series. I’ve never had that happen before! It was pretty cool! I think I need to let LA teachers know to tell their students to email me for help! Got in more books for Ms. M. Requested The Soul of the Octopus for a staff member. Had both lunches in. In AVID this morning they had students look at their grades and see what work was missing so they could make up assignments, so I asked all my aides today to take the opportunity of being in the library to work on anything they needed to for their grades. I’ll keep up that pressure up until grading. 

No comments: