The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Monday, January 6, 2020

Happy New Year

We were all back today and it went well. I had to start with turning everything on. I had unplugged all the computers over break and got them all set and started. Opened up the drapes on all the windows. Restarted my computer. Then I worked on other stuff. Went through the AVID slides with my three 1st period students. Took all the holiday books I got in for the DLC students that had to be checked in and sent back. Only three went to the same place, all the other five were to different schools. I also sent back a book a student had requested and was done with, so it went back to another school. Helped students with the copier since it had been awhile for some of them. Put away my books and put back up display books that I had laid down for the break. I had my aides go and put up the books in their sections as well. I have book talks tomorrow so I went around and picked out books for that. Had both lunches in, but no Makerspace today. Ms. M asked if it was all right for the new after school program to be held in the library and I said, of course yes! She also cleaned out a bunch of games, puzzles and makerspace stuff, so I said I would take it and go through it. Then I asked for help with the Scholastic Book Fair since she was having a parent meeting tonight. We'll see how that turns out. I also had a request from Ms. M for lit group books and tallied up what we had, what was available in the district and then sent her the list for the ones we just don't have in the district. That took awhile! I put the TV up for the meeting this afternoon back along the long wall and had my aides help me move tables that were a bit out of place. Maybe the library got vacuumed over the break! That would be sweet!

No comments: