The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Power Hour

It’s held after school Tuesday through Thursday for students that have D’s or F’s for them to get extra help to complete assignments. So the library after school is quite the scene. I got in more books for Ms. M this morning and got them to her. There were still boxes in the library workroom from the math manipulatives that no one ever took, so I broke them down today and put them in with the recyclables. It was about time! I did some repairs. Got the new books ready and put them out on the shelves. Shelved the non-fiction today. Put out the MakerSpace and Raspberry Pi carts for lunches. Had both lunches in. A lunch is very busy, but not so much B lunch. It’s pretty quiet! I think I like it! Had a teacher ask if they could set up a Kindness Station in the library for the Great Kindness Challenge. I was excited! Perfect for our MakerSpace! I put it on Yammer as well for other libraries to think about setting up! It’s during January 27th through the 31st. I sent off a couple of asked for books. And got in some books for students and got them out to them today. In some ways a very nice day.

No comments: