The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Wednesday, January 22, 2020

One Day to Go

January 22! All the books from putting up the Native American books needed to be put away, they were just stacked along under the windows, so I did that this morning and looked at the shelving my aides have done. Some all right, some not all right! Like they took the books in their sections and just shoved them around! Oh my! Since I was thinking of aides, I asked for a list of my aides for 2nd semester. The ones I didn’t know, I looked up to see if they checked things out. Four of them don’t even check out books!! I asked to have them removed. I know three of them got taken out, but still don’t know about #4. When I looked that student up, he has notes that he does not read, nor make the attempt and has behavior problems. Oh my. Not a good fit for the library! Hopefully he’ll be gone by Monday. The others will all be all right. Some I know, and some are great readers. I also had a DLC student on the list so I asked his teacher to come down and we talked for awhile and decided that he wouldn’t quite be up the duties I ask my aides to do, so he was another one that won’t be on my list. Both lunches in again. B lunch finished the puzzle. MakerSpace and the four Raspberry Pi carts out again. Did some reading. Sent off eight of The Red Pencil to Houck for a teacher there. Things went well today and our raffle boxes for the reading growth of 6th grade students is a huge success. They come in with their golden tickets and pick the prize they would like to try for and drop the tickets in that box. They have about ten choices! The teachers came in today and asked to use the library for the party, but then there would be food and they are going to hold it in the Commons instead. Teachers think things out so well! One more day to the end of the semester and I only have three book reviews. Tomorrow is the last day for them to turn them in!

No comments: