The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Last Day for Students

Today is the last virtual day for students. I am so sad we won't be together to say goodbye. I did do a flipgrid to say goodbye this morning. But it's flipped backwards so the book titles I had behind me are backwards! Ha! I could try to flip it, but naw! I think they'll just crack up! Watched the video Insider this morning, did emails. I took myself off a couple of mailing lists. Asked the teachers if we had a special join code for the Meet this morning. I did not make it in the Meet. Oh, well, I was kind of sad to not have that last chance, all because of a number in the Meet code I didn't try. Off to work on Destiny Discover! I am noticing that the collections are for all the schools, interesting. So Dystopian is already in collections by Ms. K. By the time I learn it all, I'll be done! lol! A student sent out a yearbook signing request, so I did that. But I want to change the font and can't figure out how to do that! Dang! I did get the color changed. Ah, figured Destiny Discover out! I have to go to private, then make my own 'collection' and then configure for anyone to see! Easy peasy! I got it all done! Very, very happy with my Destiny Discover site! I'll tweak around more tomorrow, but I got my personal reading collection in the collections and changed all the regular reviews to the ones I did, so very, very happy with it! Finished reading The Year I Didn't Eat - a book on a boy dealing with anorexia, from an author who dealt with it as a young boy. Very good.

No comments: