The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Two and 3/4's Days to Go

Last day for teachers, but not for us. We are working through Monday, because that's what we normally do! Clean up all the textbooks and library books that get cleaned out of lockers, check them in, put them away, get everything all put away for the summer, clean everything up. It does usually take yes, three days, sometimes I wish for more! I usually run lost lists too and go around to make sure the books/textbooks aren't just sitting on a shelf somewhere. Got my notice that I return to work on August 31st. That's my granddaughter's birthday! Sent a long email to my PA about the work I did on Destiny. Getting my stack of books to take back to Leslie tomorrow. Did my voting for the Donovan and Moss awards. I love the Donovan's. Just for a good student. Not splashy, not necessarily an academic, but just a student that made you smile when they came in the door. Yes, I found students that made me smile when they would come into the library. Started reading one of the Medal of Honor books on Leo Thorsness, a hi-lo book that I already finished. Had two meetings today, one our last staff meeting of the school year, and the other our last Library Meeting of the year. I'm just glad I actually get to BE in my library tomorrow to clean up!! Huzzah! 

No comments: