The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Monday, June 8, 2020

Student's Last Monday

Students have today to turn in work, but mostly a day for students to meet in their virtual classrooms  for a bit of fun and to say goodbye for the summer. They will get tomorrow too, but different classes. We had to spread out classroom meets since they are virtual and needed to be sure each student got a chance to visit every classroom. A bit of work on my emails this morning, a padlet birthday wish for Ms. C and Ms. M. Checked the Meetings Spreadsheet for the classes I need to sit in with today, I have three to do today. The rest of the day I'll work on the Leslie Destiny Discover site for using next fall. Also I'll send in the Scholastic order for teachers and my one student that wanted a book from the Book Challenge. Got that done, had to check on my Follett site to be sure I was ordering books that I didn't already have on my summer order! Drats! Thought I had ordered Lila and Hadley, but it didn't show up. But I did get the rest of the books that the student and staff ordered plus the new Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes. That got me past my $50 I had to spend before September. Decided to go ahead and add Lila and Hadley - not sure why, but when I order it, it says I've ordered two. I had deleted one on my first order, but it must have deleted both. And when I just ordered it, two again, but the invoice says just one. *shrug* Did all the goodbyes to the staff that are leaving us for new adventures this coming year. Sad to see them go! So many different personalities and ways to interact with students and we need each one, but the new ones coming in will be again be different and something that other students will need. Made it to two meets today, but couldn't get into the other. Then off to the Staff Meeting. Tried to share Stamped, the book. But someone just cut into it so I let it go and put the link from Amazon into the chat.

No comments: