The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Out with the Old

Got my area all organized today - yippee! So I feel moved in. Finished up the calendar as well. Went into the back and pulled all the old 2008 magazines and withdrew them all. Sent out an email to staff that they were on the back worktable for anyone that wanted to use them. What gets leftover I will put into our 'cut up for projects' boxes. Talked with one of our science IL's about getting in more things they can use. More magazines and perhaps some books. He is very concerned that a lot of kids don't seem to have computers at home and have little outside of school access to computer information. So I talked about our magazine process and that we are always looking for book suggestions. He took all of the Discover magazines for his kids to use. Got ready The Adoration of Jenna Fox, The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn and Catcher in the Rye to check out to classes tomorrow. Looked for a book resource for another school. Cleaned up some check in's from last year I had piled away. Mr. B came and worked on my computer for a bit and got my Vision up and running. A kid from shop class came up and took a look at what I wanted to hold up my book shelf under the bulletin board. Gave my copy of The Cellist of Sarajevo to the library to have. An excellent book we need to have in there.

No comments: